Clear Bag Policy in Effect. See Details Below.
In order to ensure the safety of all guests and employees, please read the following:
- Tours will be by prepaid reservation ONLY. We will NOT accommodate walk-ins. Please call 518-296-8900 in advance to make your reservation for a tour.
- Tour capacity will be limited. Our private tour option is available as always upon request.
- Tours will run Wednesday-Sunday, from 9am-3pm. Tours are not available on Monday or Tuesday at this time.
- All guests are required to wear a mask for the duration of their visit. If you do not bring a mask, they will be available to purchase in our gift shop.
Please be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time. Tours are expected to sell out and we will be unable to accommodate you if you miss your tour. If you feel more comfortable with other protective items such as gloves, please bring them, as they are not available to purchase here. Please make sure to follow suggested hand washing methods, use hand sanitizer, avoid touching your face, and maintain safe physical distance from other parties. All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit. By visiting Howe Caverns, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from Coronavirus. People who show no symptoms can spread Coronavirus if they are infected; any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to Coronavirus. Guests should evaluate their own risk in determining whether to attend. By attending, you are agreeing that you and your party:
- Do not currently have a cough or shortness of breath
- Do not have a history of chronic illness
- Do not have a compromised immune system
- Are not considered high-risk
- Have not been asked to self-quarantine or self-isolate
- Have not had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 infection within the last 14 days
Again, the health and safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time, and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to Howe Caverns.
Welcome To Howe Caverns!
Discover all the fun you can have below and above ground!
After Your Tour, purchase a bag of mining rough, and make your way to the water sluice.
Howe To Escape Hours
Get ready to experience the most immersive escape room in the Capital Region…
Latest Howe Caverns News
Something New Is Coming Up At Howe Caverns!
Get ready to experience the first ever heart stopping Haunt at Howe Caverns! Visit us often for more details and announcements, including early bird ticket pricing and ticket giveaways. Follow and Like us on Facebook and visit our website, www.Howecavernstheunderworld.com
CLEAR BAG SAFETY POLICY!
Howe Caverns has instituted a new clear bag safety policy that is effective immediately. Howe Caverns is committed to ensuring every guests’ experience is second to none, and the safety of our guests is essential to maintaining this experience.
This safety policy impacts the type and size of bags that are permitted into the cave. ONLY CLEAR BAGS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CAVE. Guests may carry pocket items such as keys, phones, wallets and credit cards. Guests may also be permitted to carry a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap. An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
We appreciate your attention to this change in policy and look forward to your visit!